Sep 20, 2012 10:40:00 AM
- Turn off the power to the scoreboard and controller after use.
- Disconnect power adapters and cables if you leave the controller in a secured scorer’s position. (prevents lightning strike from damaging other devices)
- Store controllers and radio equipment in a dry place, especially in off-season.
- Protect controllers and radio equipment from becoming wet while in use.
- Take care to protect cables and power adapters from becoming tangled and out of the way of traffic at the scorer’s stand.
- Always turn off the power or disconnect power cords to any electrical device before servicing.
Aside from these scoreboard maintenance and safety tips, a lot of schools are also starting to take advantage of the advertising space provided on most scoreboards, maximizing the available real estate. There are a whole host of new and traditional scoreboards from Nevco that create prized advertising space. These advertising spaces can pay for the new equipment and create an increased professional feel to your facility. Check out the gallery of scoreboards from Nevco.
Contact Toadvine Enterprises for more information about maintenance or safety issues, as well as questions about your scoreboard's ad space.
Jun 27, 2012 11:18:00 AM
In 1937, the Cubs had a scoreboard designed out of sheet metal. Originally it was painted in orange and red which was suppose to emulate a sunset at sea. Well, with the Cubs playing so many day games, they eventually painted the scoreboard green in 1944. Why? To decrease the amount of sunlight reflected off of it because the glare would hit home plate and make it difficult for batters to track pitches.
Of course they have come a long way from the manual scoreboard of the 1930s and now have made further improvements with a 70-foot digital scoreboard in right field. Above the scoreboard is what they call the “Budweiser Patio,” a 150 seat (not bleachers), all-inclusive baseball experience. They did this to increase their chances of landing all-star games and increase revenue for the field itself.
We know the improvements that you make to your facility, no matter how small, always draw attention and add to the fan support for your school or organization. We all want to grow in professionalism and find ways to improve our programs, retain talent, and recruit high level athletes.
A scoreboard is a great place to start. Nevco has a huge product line of traditional digital scoreboards and more elaborate designs that will meet any budget. With advertising placement on many designs, there are creative solutions to lowering costs of much-needed sports and facility equipment. We would be glad to talk to you about your facility needs and how we can exceed your expectations.